To become accredited:
Explaining the different types of accreditation.
1) Freelancers and Qualified Staff
2) Become an Accredited Training Provider
1.Freelancers and Qualified Staff.
- To be able to facilitate any programme you must have the US 117871 “Train the Trainer” Certificate (at least NQF 5 level) approved through the ETDP SETA.
- To be able to assess any learner (with seta work) you must have the US 115753 “Conduct Assessments” Certificate (at least NQF 5 level) approved through the ETDP SETA.
- To be able to moderate assessments you must have US 115753 + US 115759 “Conduct Moderation” Certificate (at least NQF 6 level) approved through the ETDP SETA.
- You must have “scope” to train, assess or moderate any person. (Scope = two to three years practical experience or a certificate or higher in the specific field)
- Freelancers can register on their own or contracting with Training Companies. Many Training Companies make use of qualified Freelancers to deliver their services.
2.Become and Accredited Training Provider.
- You must have at least one programme with that SETA Accredited in order to be an Accredited Training Provider
- You need at least two different facilitators to offer each programme you want to offer + have “Scope” to train this. (US 117871 – Train the Trainer Certificates)
- You need at least two different assessors to assess each programme you want to offer + have “Scope” to assess this. (US 115753 – Conduct Assessment Certificate)
- You need at least two different moderators to moderate each programme you want to offer + have “Scope” to moderate this. (Us 115753 – Conduct Moderation Certificate) – Must obtain the Assessors Certificate before you can complete this programme.
- The same facilitator and assessors can train and assess the same learner, but the moderator must be a different person.
- Many companies get 2 x Facilitators and 2 x Assessors qualified and contract one of the Freelancers to perform the Moderation work.
- The process to become an accredited also required resources for example: Office, Qualified Staff, Computers, Tools or Venue to deliver the courses and a QMS policy. (Quality Management System that can consist out of 6 to 12 different policies that explains how you will corporate)
- Be registered with the DHET.
We advice all new learners/people to start with the “US 115753” Conduct Assessment programme as this will provide you with an overview of the entire accreditation process.